Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Some Bumps in the Road

Planning an experiment is hard...

As I explained previously, each participant is to play the memory game with or without music, and then report their score on the survey. I capped that score at 12,000, with the final highest score report option being ">12,000." I clearly failed to account for some of BASIS' most forgotten geniuses: the teachers. Thanks Mr. McCorkle for pointing out your score was well above 12,000. We get it. You're brilliant.

To account for this lack of information above 12,000, I have adjusted the rest of the surveys to extend to 18,000 (I really hope that's enough), which will allow me to collect better, more precise data, and ultimately calculate a more accurate measurement of how participants score on the following surveys. I unfortunately cannot re-do that first survey, however I do not think the lack of information at the high levels will ultimately affect the overview of the results, because the vast majority of participants scored below that initial cap, so the number of scores affected was very few. Even still, the following surveys are now better designed. Research and experience entail learning from your mistakes.

With the teacher responses, I have 81 total for the first survey! The next round will likely take place on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment