Wednesday, March 15, 2017

More on the Experiment

I would like to talk more about the experiment I plan to conduct before I begin in April.

The entire process will span roughly three weeks, possibly more, and will consist of six surveys. Each survey is structurally identical, but features a different genre of music. I ask the introductory questions: 1)What is your age, 2)If you are in school, what is your grade level, and 3)How do you identify. Then, a link included in the survey will send the participants to the memory game they will be playing, and they only play it once. Survey number one will be the control without music, however for surveys two through six, I will play a song from a certain genre of music throughout the room for the participants to listen to while they play the memory game. Finally, question four on the survey requests their score on the game. It is roughly a five minute process. Quick and easy!

The people participating in this experiment are the BASIS Phoenix AP psychology classes, as well as the BASIS Phoenix faculty and staff. I hope this experience will be both fun for them and yield interesting results for me. I guess we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment